Castor oil is one of the essential oils that is widely used all around the world. This oil has been used from thousands of years because of its healthy benefits. This oil has the ability to improve the immunity of the body against any type of infections, germs, bacteria and microorganism that are harmful for our body. This oil is natural oil that is pale yellow in color and is extracted from the seeds of castor plants. It includes Vitamin E, protein, minerals, and has many types of antibacterial and antifungal properties which are beneficial for our health. This is the reason why most of the people use USA made castor oil in the form of ointment. Mentioned below are some of the benefits of castor oil.
- Split ends – Castor oil can help your hair by reducing the split ends of your hair. Split ends are caused by the dryness and malnutrition of the hair. It nourishes your hair and reduces the spilt ends in your hair making them look beautiful and smooth. This oil provides moisture and nourishment to the hair from the root of the hair to the tip of the hair.
- Healthy scalp – Castor oil has antibacterial as well as antifungal properties which make it the best choice to use on your scalp. This oil is also very helpful in treating dandruff from your head. The dandruff is caused by the dryness in your scalp which leads the scalp skin to break and comes out in the form of dandruff. It will provide moisture that is needed by your scalp in order to prevent the growth of dandruff in your scalp.
- Moisturizing – Castor oil moisturizes your hair, scalp, and follicles of hairs. It gets deeply absorbed in the scalp, and in roots of the hair making them strong and shiny. This oil seals the moisture in your scalp, it is ideal to apply on your hairs at night time so that it may get completely absorbed by your scalp.
- Moisturizer: Castor oil can be used as a moisturizer along with some face cream. It contains fatty acids which get absorbed by your skin to keep your skin hydrated all the time. Castor oil is widely used in cosmetics industry and is used for making body lotions, face creams, moisturizers, soaps and, many other types of skin care products.
- Sun burn: The direct ultraviolet rays of the sun are harmful to the skin. These UV rays are capable of damaging the skin which can lead to sun burn or even skin cancer. Castor oil can be very helpful in treating your sun burn and other types of skin damages. This oil gets deeply soaked in your skin cells and tissues. It repairs the damaged tissues as well as initiates the growth of new skin cells.
- Wrinkles: Castor oil is also very helpful in treating the wrinkles from your face. It boosts the production of collagen in your skin which reduces the wrinkles and fine lines from coming on to your face.